This page collects various Open Hardware projects. These projects are not officially endorsed, but are listed here as a convenience to generate a list of examples for reference. For more detailed overviews, see the Case Studies page.
Check out the list of certified hardware from the Open Source Hardware Association for more inspiration.
Businesses & companies
- Adafruit Industries
- Aleph Objects: Makers of LulzBot family of 3D printers. Purchased by Fargo Additive Manufacturing Equipment 3D in 2019.
- Arduino: Open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software.
- IO Rodeo
- Prusa Research: Manufactures 3D printers for enterprise and hobbyists.
- Seeed Studio
- World Famous Electronics: Maker of the Pulse Sensor. Never applied for funding beyond initial crowdfunding campaign.
- Safecast: International, volunteer-driven, non-profit organization. Goal is to create useful, accessible, and granular environmental data.
Organizations with a specific focus to neuroscience.